We provide advanced spinal correction utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As Doctors of Chiropractics, Dr. Craig and Dr. Scott Smith have years of training and experience in spinal adjustment.
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises designed just for them to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction by as much as 30-40%. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment and use. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
We provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to enhance our patient´s return to optimal health. Do you know which supplements and vitamins are good for you? Dr. Scott Smith can provide a structured, nutritional program based on your individual needs.
- Applied Kinesiology: Uses muscle testing to evaluate normal and abnormal body functions. This principle includes evaluation of the nervous, vascular and lymphatic systems, nutrition, acupuncture and cerebrospinal fluid function. It not only helps the doctor determine the type of treatment needed, it also helps determine the progress being obtained.
- Neuro Emotional Technique: This is a methodology used to normalize unresolved physical and/or behavioral patterns in the body. Practitioners are trained to assist the body's healing process by identifying and balancing unresolved emotional influences. Occasionally, emotional trauma in the presence of a neurological or meridian deficit can cause a physiopathological-related pattern in the body that the body does not resolve by itself. NET seeks to normalize this pattern through physiological change - a result of a physical intervention.
- Cox Technique: This is a gentle, non-force adjusting procedure that works with the body's natural design to aid it in healing. What to expect from this technique: Tractioning the spine and then flexing it can resolve pain from joint and disc problems painlessly. It is a powerfully effective, conservative approach to low back and leg pain, and an alternative to explore before recommending surgery.
- Activator Methods: This is based on the postulate that understanding body mechanics and force is the key to understanding how to move bones. A leg test is utilized to tell if a subluxation exists. Two components are necessary for fast, effective reduction of nerve pressure caused by subluxations. They are speed and line of drive. The activator instrument is a small hand-held gun-type mechanism that delivers a sharp percussive thrust upon triggering.
- Sacro Occipital Technique: This is a total body technique. This broad scope includes not only the back and neck but also the internal organs, extremities and cranial structures. In SOT the primary focus is upon structural stability and integrity as well as neurological function. Therefore, the alignment, balance and optimal function of the cranium, pelvis, each spinal segment, organs and all of the extremities are essential to optimal health.
- Thompson Terminal Point Technique: Thompson Terminal Point Technique is built around the research of Dr. Derifield of Detroit, Michigan. Dr. Derifield noticed that the same adjustment on two patients with the same analysis did not always give the same results. As he gained more experience, he found that the answer lay in determining through analysis whether the subluxation was lower spine or cervical. Analysis of the patient's subluxations, using the Derifield Technique, depends upon a very accurate leg check. Dr. Derifield created a set of rules for checking the legs to determine the point of the subluxation in the pelvic and lumbar area. It was further determined that turning the head in certain ways helped to balance the legs. Later Dr. Niblo added testing various trigger points on the side of the short leg, and adjusting the anterior ischium, producing astonishing results. Using a Thompson terminal point table, which is especially designed for the Derifield technique, a special weighing mechanism in the terminal point table instantly weights the patient and adds only enough tension to hold the patient in the "up" position before the thrust is given.
- Bio-Cranial System: "Releasing the Power From the Source". "The Bio-Cranial System is increasingly becoming the protocol of choice for Doctors or all disciplines, for a wide range of disorders. Irrespective of whatever other treatment procedures have been, or are being used." Dr. Robert Boyd